Aadhaar-PAN Link: According to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), if you link PAN-Aadhaar by June 30, you will have to pay a fine of Rs 500, but if you miss this time then you will have to pay a big price. please you are not late fulfil your documentation work.
Aadhaar-PAN Link Update: The last date for linking Aadhaar and PAN card with penalty (Aadhaar-PAN Link) is June 30. Earlier, the last date for linking PAN and Aadhaar without penalty was March 31. If you have not linked your Aadhar and PAN card yet, then do so before 30th June. Actually, till now you can link PAN-Aadhaar with a fine of Rs 500. But after June 30, you will have to pay a fine of Rs 1000.
You can link till 31st March 2023 by paying fine
Actually, according to Section 234H of the Income Tax Act, a fine of up to Rs 1000 will have to be paid for linking PAN with Aadhaar by March 31, 2023. However, till the next year, your PAN will continue to work even without linking it with Aadhaar. Right now you will not face any problem in filing and refund of ITR for 2022-23, but after March 31, 2023, your PAN will be deactivated. After that your problem will increase manifold.
Link PAN and Aadhaar online like this (Aadhaar-PAN Link Process)
- To link PAN-Aadhaar, first you go to the Income Tax e-filing website.
- Now on the left side of the site you will get the option of Quick Links.
- Here you click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option.
- Now here you have to enter your PAN, Aadhar number and name.
- After giving the information, an OTP will be sent to you.
- After entering the OTP, your Aadhaar and PAN will be linked (Aadhaar-PAN Link).
- After this your PAN card will be linked with Aadhaar.