To avoid any kind of problem after retirement, employed people can start savings as soon as they start a job.
National Pension System Best Scheme For Pension: If you do a job and want to get a good return by investing, then the National Pension System can be the best option for your earnings after retirement. Because in this scheme you can take advantage of pension for life by making small savings every month. If you are worried about retirement, how will the family’s expenses go after retirement. You can start saving as soon as you start a job, so that there is no problem after retirement. So that you do not have to face much problems in old age.
Let us tell you that the government also runs a scheme so that people do not face any kind of problem after retirement. The name of this scheme is National Pension Scheme (NPS). If you start investing in this scheme at the right time, then after retirement you can avail pension of up to Rs 50,000 every month. For this you have to invest just 200 rupees every day.
NPS run by the government is a good way of investment. In this, more returns are available than PPF or Fixed Deposit and the risk is also less. An investor has two options to invest in NPS – Active and Auto Choice. Subscriber cannot withdraw the entire corpus on maturity. He will have to invest 40% of the total NPS corpus in buying an annuity plan from a life insurance company. There are four asset classes in NPS – Equity, Corporate Debt, Government Bonds and Alternative Investment Funds.
This is how you will get 50 thousand every month
- If you want to get a pension of 50 thousand rupees every month, then you have to save 200 rupees every day. In this way you will save 6000 rupees every month.
- Suppose you start investing six thousand rupees every month from the age of 24, then you will accumulate Rs 25,92,000 for 36 years.
- Now if you get 10% return on this, then the total corpus value will be Rs 2,54,50,906.
- Now if 40% of this is invested in annuity, then the total amount will be around Rs 1.52 crore. After this, you will get a pension of 50 thousand rupees comfortably every month.
Tax exemption is also available
- One advantage of this NPS scheme of the government is that in this you are also provided with the benefit of tax exemption.
- Income tax exemption of up to Rs 1.5 lakh is provided to the NPS account holder under Section 80C and an additional Rs 50,000 under Section 80CCD.
- Tax liability arises on the income from annuity.
- Your tax slab will be decided by adding this earning to all your other earnings and you will have to pay income tax accordingly.