At present the fitment factor of the central employees is 2.57 per cent and on this basis the salary is given. Till now it is given under the 6th Pay Commission and the employees are demanding to increase it to 3.68% under the 7th Pay Commission. There is a possibility that the government may amend the fitment factor in view of the upcoming elections.
Central Employee Salary Hike 2023: There is good news for central employees. An important cabinet meeting is going to be held under the chairmanship of PM Modi on March 16, in which many big gifts can be received. According to media reports, in this meeting, 4 percent dearness allowance and dearness relief rates can be announced for the employees. , after which the total DA will increase from 38% to 42%. This can be implemented from 1 January 2023. The same fitment factor and DA arrears of 18 months may also be considered. However, official confirmation has not been made yet.
Fitment factor may increase again by 1.1 percent
Actually, increasing the fitment factor is being demanded by the employees for a long time. At present the fitment factor of the central employees is 2.57 per cent and on this basis the salary is given. Till now it is given under the 6th Pay Commission and the employees are demanding to increase it to 3.68% under the 7th Pay Commission. There is a possibility that the government may amend the fitment factor in view of the upcoming elections. This will benefit 52 lakh employees. Earlier, the government had increased the fitment factor in 2016 and from this year the 7th pay commission was also implemented.
63000 will be benefited in salary
According to media reports, Modi government can revise the fitment factor to help the employees before the upcoming elections, it can be increased to 3.00 or 3.68 percent, this will increase the salary of the employees by two and a half times i.e. the basic salary will increase from 18000 Will go straight to 21000 or 26000. For example, if the basic salary of a central employee is Rs 18,000, then excluding allowances, his salary will be 18,000 X 2.57 = Rs 46,260. On being 3.68, the salary will be Rs 95,680 (26000 X 3.68 = 95,680) i.e. there will be a profit of Rs 49,420 in salary. With 3 times the fitment factor, the salary will be 21000 X 3 = Rs 63,000.
Will the wait for DA arrears of 18 months end?
Discussions have also intensified regarding the outstanding DA arrears of 18 months ahead of the cabinet meeting to be held on March 16. There is a possibility that the outstanding DA arrears may be considered before the upcoming elections. If media reports are to be believed, in view of increasing pressure of employees, rising demand for restoration of old pension and upcoming elections, Modi government may consider DA arrears from July 2020 to January 2021, although no official confirmation has been made on it yet. If consent is made then arrears ranging from 50 thousand to 2 lakh can be received.
Arrear will be made from 50 thousand to 2 lakh
If the decision is taken then the employees will get the money of DA arrears according to their salary band. If the calculation is done for Level-13 (7th CPC Basic Pay-Scale Rs.1,23,100 to Rs.2,15,900) or Level-14 (Pay-Scale), then the Dearness Allowance arrears in the hands of an employee will be Rs.1,44,200 to Rs.2 Can come up to Rs 18,200. The DA arrears of the same Level-1 employees ranges from Rs 11,880 to Rs 37,554. These figures are shown as an example, there can be changes.
Know how much salary will increase if there is 42% DA
If the dearness allowance and dearness relief of the central employees increases again by 4 percent, then the DA of the central employees will increase from 38 to 42 percent. This will be implemented from January 1, 2023 itself and will also get arrears of the month. After the DA is 42 per cent, the annual dearness allowance of those with a basic salary of Rs 18,000 will increase to Rs 90,720. On the other hand, there will be an increase of Rs 2276 per month in the salary of employees with a basic salary of Rs 56900 per month. Means the salary will increase by Rs 27312 on annual basis.