Between January 8 and 10, an orange alert has been issued for severe cold day from cold day in Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh, while orange alert has been issued in West Bengal, Sikkim, Rajasthan on January 10, warning of cold day.
IMD Alert, Today weather Update: Severe cold continues to wreak havoc in the country. Delhi continued to witness a drop in the daily temperature in many parts due to severe cold and dense fog. In many states, the minimum temperature has dropped to 1 degree Celsius. At the same time, warnings of heavy snowfall have been issued in many states. Cold wave Sheetlahar forecast has been issued in UP, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal.
Light drizzle can be seen in some parts of Rajasthan and Gujarat including Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh. Snow will continue on the mountains. According to the Meteorological Department, there will be dense fog in Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar. Along with this, forecast of drop in minimum temperature and cold wave has been issued.
The coldest morning of the season in the capital Delhi
Delhi has seen a drop in temperature below 3 degrees. Orange alert has been issued for 48 hours. Delhi’s temperature has reached 3 degree Celsius. At the same time, the coldest day of the season has been recorded. The minimum temperature in 2021 was 1.1 degree Celsius, breaking the record of 2 years.
Orange alert was issued by the Meteorological Department while issuing forecast of severe cold. At the same time, Western Disturbance is being told as the main reason for this. The havoc of winter will continue in Delhi till January 12.
Heavy drop in temperature in Kanpur, UP
With severe cold in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, the process of decline in verification continues. January 6 was the coldest night of the season. Right now, with such cold readings in the year, there is a possibility of a drop in temperature. According to the Meteorological Department, the cold will increase further. However, people will get some relief due to gradual sunshine. According to meteorologists, the effect of the icy wind coming from the mountains is visible due to the north-westerly winds. Due to which the disease has increased a lot. The activation of Western Disturbance will continue for 4 days, there is a possibility of getting some relief after 4 days.
Severe cold in Rajasthan, Orange alert issued
Churu in Rajasthan has once again recorded a temperature of 0 degree Celsius. Pilani has been recorded as the second coldest city. There is a possibility of further increase in the cold. Karauli recorded a minimum temperature of 1.2 degrees Celsius while Sikar recorded a low of 1 degree Celsius.
Along with this, cold wave and fog alert has been issued in many areas of Rajasthan and Gujarat. According to the weather data released on Sunday, Churu has been recorded as the coldest city in Rajasthan. Apart from this, Jhunjhunu has also been considered as the coldest city. Banasthali and Anta have also recorded a significant drop in the temperature.
Effect of westerly wind in Bihar
In Bihar, the cold has increased further due to the icy westerly wind. The minimum temperature in Gaya has reached 2 degree Celsius on Sunday. Gaya and Gaya recorded the highest minimum temperature in recent years. Apart from this, severe cold wave warning has been issued in Bhagalpur, Patna, Muzaffarpur, Purnia, Darbhanga, Supaul, Forbesganj, Motihari, while cold wave has also been issued in Chhapra. According to the meteorologists, the weather forecast for the next week has been expressed. People are expected to get relief after 1 week of cold.
Snow on the mountains
Snowfall continues with light rain in upper reaches of Jammu Kashmir Gilgit Baltistan and Muzaffarabad. Apart from this, due to the persistence of Western Disturbance over North Pakistan and Jammu and Kashmir region, its effect is being seen. Now till January 10, there is a possibility of snowfall with light to moderate rain over the Western Himalayas.
The same Western Disturbance reaching the Western Himalayas on January 10 will have a terrible effect for heavy snowfall in Ladakh, Jammu Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh. Apart from this, heavy snowfall will also be seen in Uttarakhand.
Weather system across the country
- At present three weather systems are active in the country Western Disturbance is formed over North Pakistan Specialist West Himalayas.
- The Western Disturbance will be active on January 10. It is expected to reach the Western Himalayas.
- A cyclonic circulation has formed over the southern part of Bangladesh.
Chance of rain in eastern state
There is a possibility of moderate rain with snow in Arunachal Pradesh including Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram. The period of fall in temperature continues, orange alert of cold wave has been issued. Along with this, people have been advised to be cautious. After 1 week, there will be a huge change in the weather.
Meteorological Department’s alert issued
Red alert has been issued in view of cold wave in Rajasthan Haryana Chandigarh Delhi.
Orange alert has been issued predicting the condition of cold wave for 5 days in some parts of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and different parts of Punjab, Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Orissa.
Issuing fog and haze warning Red alert of dense fog has been issued in isolated areas of Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Bihar, West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Tripura People have been advised to be alert while Tripura and different Dense fog will remain in isolated areas.
Events in the last 24 hours
- Light rain has been seen in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh including Jammu and Kashmir.
- A drop in temperature has been observed due to drizzle in some parts of Rajasthan and Gujarat.
- There was heavy snowfall in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Dense fog enveloped the plains of the Ganga. Dense fog has been seen in Bengal including Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Cold day to severe cold day warning has been issued in some parts of Madhya Pradesh including Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Rajasthan.
- It may rain or snow in some parts of Uttarakhand.
- Himachal Pradesh, Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh may receive widespread snowfall.
- Dense to very dense fog is possible at isolated places over Uttar Pradesh.
- Dense fog very likely at isolated places over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Bihar,
- Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya and Tripura.
- Cold day conditions are prevailing in different parts of Bihar and West Uttar Pradesh.
- Isolated rain is likely over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal.