On January 29 and 30, there are chances of hailstorm in Western Himalayan region, Punjab, Haryana and West Uttar Pradesh. Apart from this, there is a possibility of hailstorm in East Rajasthan on January 28 and 29 and in West Rajasthan on January 29. The weather is expected to remain dry in Jammu and Kashmir during the next 24 hours.
IMD Alert Today 2023: Today, Saturday, January 28, a new Western Disturbance is becoming active, due to which the weather patterns are expected to change again. The Indian Meteorological Department has predicted rain and snowfall in many parts of the country till January 30. forecasted. Light rain and drizzle are expected in Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Rajasthan and Western Uttar Pradesh, while light rain and snowfall are expected in the Western Himalayan regions on January 29 and 30, and rain is also expected in the plains of North India.
According to the IMD Meteorological Department, there is a possibility of light rain and snowfall in the western Himalayan region in the next few days. Under this, there is a possibility of light / moderate rain in Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and West Uttar Pradesh on January 29 and 30. And on January 30, there are chances of hailstorm in the western Himalayan region, Punjab, Haryana and western Uttar Pradesh. Apart from this, there is a possibility of hailstorm in East Rajasthan on January 28 and 29 and in West Rajasthan on January 29. The weather is expected to remain dry in Jammu and Kashmir during the next 24 hours.
According to the IMD Meteorological Department, on January 29 and 30, light, moderate to heavy rain with squally surface wind speed reaching 20-30 kmph is very likely over northwest India over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and West Uttar Pradesh. Apart from this, there may be light to moderate rains in East Uttar Pradesh on 29th and 30th and in Delhi Rajasthan on 28th and 29th. , The same is expected on 29th and 30th in Western Himalayan region, Punjab, Haryana and West Uttar Pradesh and East Rajasthan on 28th and 29th and in West Rajasthan on 29th January.
What does the Meteorological Department say
According to weather forecast agency Skymet, a Western Disturbance has formed over Jammu and Kashmir, a trough line is running from Punjab through Haryana, East Rajasthan and West Madhya Pradesh to Vidarbha, the same Western Disturbance Himalayas on Saturday. can reach. Light to moderate rain and snow expected at isolated places over Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad, Ladakh and Himachal Pradesh during next 24 hours on January 29, with minimum temperature expected over northwest, central and eastern parts of the country from January 29 There can be a gradual increase.
Know the condition of the states
- Heavy rain and snowfall alert has been issued for Chamba, Kangra Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Lahaul-Spiti and Kinnaur districts of Himachal Pradesh on January 29 and 30. A yellow alert has been issued for heavy rain and snowfall on January 29 and 30 in the middle and high hills.
- In Uttarkashi, Chamoli and Pithoragarh districts of Uttarakhand , there may be heavy rains and snowfall in high altitude areas. On the other hand, there is a possibility of snowfall in Nainital and lightning accompanied by hailstorm at some places in Dehradun, Tehri, Pauri, Nainital, Champawat, Udham Singh Nagar, Haridwar. In view of this, Yellow Alert has been issued.
- Today it will be cloudy in Delhi , although the weather will be clear. The maximum temperature can be 22 and the minimum temperature can be up to 5 degree Celsius.
- Due to drizzle on January 29, the maximum temperature on January 30 and 31 is expected to remain at 21 and the minimum temperature at 11 degree Celsius. Today it will be chilly in Delhi-NCR, during this there is a possibility of rain in different areas of Delhi.
- Rain is expected in Uttar Pradesh till January 30. A yellow alert has been issued for rain and hailstorm in western UP, there are chances of drizzle in eastern UP as well. After January 31, the weather will change again and another round of cold is likely to come. On the other hand, the winter season will continue in Bihar till February.
- On January 29, there is a possibility of light to moderate rain with thunder and lightning at most places except southwest Rajasthan , during this there may be hailstorm at some places, there is a possibility of frost in most of the districts today.
- The minimum temperature is expected to increase by 3 to 5 degree Celsius due to the activation of Western Disturbance from today. Due to Western Disturbance, rain along with snowfall may increase in Jammu-Kashmir , Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. It may rain in Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh.
- Light to moderate rain may occur over Punjab, Haryana, Delhi-NCR, North Rajasthan and West UP on January 29-30 . After the snowfall on the mountains and rain in the plains, the cold may again take a turn.
- There are chances of rain along with snowfall till January 31 in different areas of Jammu Kashmir Gilgit Baltistan, Muzaffarabad, Ladakh and Himachal Pradesh. Cold wave conditions are expected to continue over some parts of Rajasthan and subside thereafter.