If an employee has Rs 1 lakh in his account, then the interest amount will come to Rs 8,100. If Rs 10 lakh is lying in your account, then Rs 81,000 and Rs 5 lakh is deposited, then interest of Rs 40 thousand can be transferred.
There is good news for the employees-account holders of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (Epfo) has calculated the interest to be received in the PF account in the financial year 2022. It is expected that after Diwali, interest money can be transferred to the accounts of about 6 crore account holders. This time, a total of Rs 72,000 crore deposited in the account of the government will be sent to the account of the employed, for the financial year 2020-21, 8.1 percent interest rate has been fixed.
The wait for the interest money to be received in the PF accounts in the financial year 2022 of more than 6 crore employees of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is going to end soon. The interest rate for the fiscal year 2021-2022 was fixed at 8.1% by the Central Board of Trustees (CBT meeting) of EPFO, which has also been agreed by the Finance Ministry. Now the EPFO is preparing to send the interest amount to the employees’ accounts, for this the interest has been calculated and soon it will be transferred to the account holders’ account. This time a total of Rs 72,000 crore deposited in the account of the government will be sent to the account of the employed.
Interest rates from 2013 to 2022
Interest in 2021-22— 8.1 percent
Interest in 2020-21— 8.5 percent
Interest in 2018-19— 8.65 percent
Interest in 2017-18— 8.65 percent
Interest in 2016-17— 8.65 percent
Interest in 2015-16— 8.80 percent
Interest in 2014-15— 8.75 percent
Interest in 2013-14— 8.75 percent
Check balance in these ways
- Download Umang App through play store in your mobile. Register your phone number and open it in AI. Go to ‘Service Directory’ in the menu given in the top left corner.
- Search for EPFO option and click here. After going to View Passbook here, check the balance through your UAN number and OTP. Log in to EPFO website and click on e-Passbook. Clicking on e-passbook will bring you to a new page.
- Where you have to fill in your username (UAN number), password and captcha and then a new page will open and select your member ID here and you will get your EPF balance on e-passbook.
- Apart from this you can also check your PF account balance through SMS, but for this your mobile number must be registered with EPFO.
- Send EPFO UAN LAN to 7738299899 from your mobile number registered in EPFO. LAN means in your language.
- If you need information in English then you have to write ENG instead of LAN. Similarly write HIN for Hindi and TAM for Tamil.
- To get information in Hindi you have to write EPFOHO UAN HIN message.
Pension will not be available without PPO number
Let us know that after the employee retires, he is issued a PPO number of 12 digits by EPFO and through this he gets pension every month. This is a kind of reference number and many benefits can be availed through it. If the same PPO number is used for communication with the Central Pension Accounting Office, then it is necessary to keep it. Under the new rules of EPFO, PPO number is mandatory for any pension holder to know the status of pension. Pension cannot be withdrawn without it.