EPFO: Even if you have changed 1, 2, 3 or even 4 companies, you can still transfer the EPF balance from the old company to the PF account of your existing company. This process is very easy, which you can do comfortably even sitting at home.
EPFO Latest News: If you are also employed then there is important news for you. If you have also changed your job, then definitely read this news. Often people forget to transfer their PF balance when they change jobs from one company to another, when they remember later, they get nervous thinking that now they will have to make rounds of the EPF office.
You must know, Important information before PF transfer
To transfer your old EPF balance to the new account, first you need to have an active UAN number and password. It should also be kept in mind that all types of information should be updated in your UAN number, such as bank account number, mobile number, Aadhaar number, you should be updated in UAN.
Read Also: LPG Subsidy Rule Changed: Big news! LPG subsidy rule are going to change! you need to know
How to Check Old PF Accounts Balance
1. To transfer your old PF balance to the new PF account, you have to visit the official website of EPFO https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ .
2. After this, after entering the UAN number and password and captcha, you have to log in.
3. After logging in, you will come to the home page. Here you have to go to the Members Profile. Where you have to check all your personal details. Your name, Aadhar details, PAN card should be verified.
4. Apart from this, email id, mobile number and bank account details should also be filled correctly.
5. Before transferring PF, you should check your passbook. For this, you have to go to View where the option of Passbook will appear.
6. After clicking on the passbook, you will have to log in once again.
7. After login, as soon as you click on the select member id, a complete list will open. The member IDs of all the companies in which you have worked will be visible. The ID at the bottom is of your current company. Here you can check PF balance in all your companies by going to view passbook.
How to transfer old EPF to new
1. Before transferring the old PF, definitely check that your old company has updated your Entry Date and Exit Date. For this you go to View and click on Service history option.
2. If the old company has updated the dates of both, then your PF will be transferred easily, otherwise it will be difficult.
3. Now you have to go to online services and click on ONE MEMBER ONE EPF ACCOUNT (transfer request)
4. A new page will open in front of you where you will get your personal information, PF account details of the existing company. In which you are going to get old PF money.
5. Just below it will be the details of the old employer from which to transfer PF. Keep in mind that the PF that you are going to transfer here has to be approved by your current or old employer. It is always easier to get approval from an existing company. So choose this option.
6. After this you have to enter your UAN details, as soon as you do this, the PF IDs of all your previous companies will come. Select the one whose money is also to be transferred
7. After this you have to authenticate it through OTP. Click on GET OTP. Enter the OTP.
8. Here you will see THE CLAIM HAS BEEN SUCESSFULLY SUNMITTED
9. You will see the transfer claim status. For attestation, you have to take out a print and give it to your company, it will be sent to PF office
Note- Your old PF balance will be transferred to the new account only in 7 to 30 days.