Due to the new variant Omicron of the corona virus, airline companies have doubled airfare on many international routes. Air fares have been increased from India to countries like US, UK, UAE and Canada.
The increasing infection of the new variant of the corona virus, Omicron, has started wreaking havoc again. To prevent Omicron infection, a new guideline has been issued by the central government, which has come into effect from midnight on Tuesday. According to this, air travelers may now have to wait for 6 hours at the airport.
In view of the threat of Omicron, the central government has issued a new guideline, which has become effective from today i.e. December 1. According to the new guideline, RT-PCR testing has been made mandatory at the airport of passengers coming from those countries in more than 14 countries where cases of Omicron have been found. This means that thousands of passengers coming from there may have to wait for 6 hours at Delhi airport.
See the fare here
- According to media reports, the rate of flight tickets from Delhi to London has increased from about Rs 60,000 to Rs 1.5 lakh.
- Delhi to Dubai flight fare has reached Rs 33,000. Earlier, the round trip ticket from Delhi to Dubai was Rs 20,000.
- The round trip cost from Delhi to America was Rs 90,000-1.2 lakh earlier, which has now increased to Rs 1.5 lakh.
- There has been a 100% increase in airfares for Chicago, Washington DC and New York City. The business class ticket has gone up to Rs 6 lakh.
- Delhi to Toronto airfare has increased from about Rs 80,000 to Rs 2.37 lakh.
New guide line implemented from today
According to the new guideline issued by the government, RT-PCR test is necessary for those travelers who are coming from infected countries. They will be allowed to leave the airport only after the test results are out. At the same time, five percent of the passengers coming by flights from other countries will be screened for Kovid-19.
The Health Ministry has advised that international travelers coming from infected countries should be prepared to wait at the airport till the results of RT-PCR test are out. The ministry has asked the states to send all the confirmed samples to the respective INSACOG labs for genome sequencing.