You will get a profit of Rs 9,600 annually. Accordingly, the annual DA of an employee with a basic salary of Rs 20,000 will be Rs 91,200.
Central Employees Pensioners and pensioners can get a big gift before Dussehra. According to the latest media reports, after the half yearly figures of AICPI-IW Index and 7% increase in inflation rate, 4 percent in dearness allowance. The increase is believed to be fixed. On 28 September 2022, a cabinet meeting is going to be held under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, it is believed that in this meeting the government can take a decision on the increase in DA.
Actually, dearness allowance is part of the salary structure of government employees and the government gives it to public sector employees as well as pensioners. DA is increased twice a year. Recently, the All India Consumer Price Index-Industrial Workers (AICPI-IW) has released the data for the first half of the current financial year. This index has registered a gain of 0.2 points, after which the July AICPI index has reached 129, so a 4 percent increase in DA is believed to be fixed.
According to media reports, if this is approved in the next cabinet meeting, then the total DA of the employees will be 38 percent. More than 1 crore employees will get its benefit. If the new DA is implemented from July 1, 2022, then 3 months arrears will also be available in October, if the DA is 38 percent and the minimum basic salary is Rs 18,000, then the total DA will be Rs 6,840 and the total profit will be Rs 720 per month. On the other hand, a maximum of Rs 54,000 on basic pay, Rs 56,000 as DA will get Rs 27,312. In this, you will get a total benefit of Rs 2,276 per month. Along with this, arrears of 3 months will also be given.
Apart from this, along with dearness allowance, employees can also be increased in House Rent Allowance, Travel Allowance, Provident Fund, City Allowance and Gratuity. In such a situation, if dearness allowance increases, then PF and gratuity will also increase. The same labor ministry has changed the formula for DA calculation in the base year 2016. A new series of WRI-Wage Rate Index has been released, which will replace the old series of base year 1963-65 with the new series of WRI with base year 2016=100 .
Whose salary will increase, see calculation
- If the basic salary of the employee is Rs 18,000, then dearness allowance of Rs 6,840 will be available at the rate of 38%. In this way, he will get an annual salary of Rs 8,640 more.
- If the basic salary of the employee is Rs 20,000 per month, then at 38%, the amount will increase by Rs 800 to 7,600 per month. That is, you will get a profit of Rs 9,600 annually. Accordingly, the annual DA of an employee with a basic salary of Rs 20,000 will be Rs 91,200.
- If someone’s basic salary is Rs 31,550, then an increase of 4 percent DA will give a benefit of Rs 15,144.
- If we look at the maximum basic salary of Rs 56,900, then the total increase in annual dearness allowance will be Rs 27312. That means Rs 2276 will increase every month against the existing DA. His total annual DA will reach Rs 2 lakh 59 thousand 464.
- If the central government increases DA by 4%, then the employee who is getting the basic Rs 30 thousand now will get the total dearness allowance of Rs 11,400 if the DA is 38%. That is, the salary of the employee will directly increase by Rs 1,200 every month and a total of Rs 14,400 more salary will be received in a year.
(These figures are shown as an illustration, subject to change.)