UIDAI Advisory: Do you use Aadhaar card for every minor verification and give its copy everywhere, then you need to be alert. While issuing advisory, UIDAI has termed Aadhaar sharing as dangerous.
How to Download Masked Adhar: This news is important for every person who shares Aadhar card with different departments, banks or companies for different work. It is not safe for you to do this at all. It is not us, but the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) says.
UIDAI has warned against sharing photocopies of Aadhaar with any organization, citing its misuse. UIDAI has suggested the use of masked Aadhar card instead. Now the question arises that what is this masked Aadhar card and how can I download it.
What other guidelines did UIDAI give
YEDAI has also said in the guidelines to avoid using public computers in internet cafes/kiosks to download your e-Aadhaar. Even if you do this, then permanently delete all the downloaded copies of e-Aadhaar from that computer.
It has also been said that the same institution or organization can ask for the copy of Aadhaar for verification, which is authorized for it. Unlicensed private entities like hotels or cinema halls are not allowed to store or keep copies of Aadhaar cards. It is a crime to do so.
How to Download Masked Aadhar Card
UIDAI has said that Masked Aadhaar Card can be easily downloaded from the UIDAI website. You can download it by following these steps.
- First of all go to the official website of UIDAI https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ .
- Here you have to click on the option of Download Aadhar Card. After this a new window will open in front of you.
- Now enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number here. Then after filling the Captcha, you have to click on the option of Send OTP.
- Do you want a masked Aadhaar here? option will appear. After clicking on it, enter the OTP and then click on Verify and Download.
- Now you can download Masked Aadhaar Card.
- The big difference between Masked Aadhaar Card and Original Aadhaar Card is that in Masked Aadhaar Card, the first 8 digits of your Aadhaar number are hidden. It only shows the last 4 characters.