The country’s largest State Bank of India (SBI) keeps on changing new offers and rules for its account holders every day. Meanwhile, if your account is in SBI, then this news is going to be very useful for you, because the rules of cash withdrawal from its ATM have changed.
SBI has taken this step to secure the transactions from ATMs. If you withdraw money from SBI ATM, then OTP will be required. In this new rule, customers will not be able to withdraw cash without OTP. In such a situation, if you are not aware of this, then know it very well, otherwise your money may get stuck.
This information has been given through a tweet by SBI Bank. Let us tell you, for the withdrawal of more than 10 thousand rupees from the ATM, the help of an OTP will have to be taken. This OTP will be sent to your registered mobile. After that you have to use it.
- You will need OTP to withdraw money from SBI ATM.
- For this an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- This OTP will be of four digits which the customer will get for one transaction.
- Once you have entered the amount you wish to withdraw, you will be asked to enter the OTP on the ATM screen.
- For cash withdrawal you need to enter OTP received on mobile number registered with bank in this screen.
That’s why the bank changed the rules
The bank has taken this step to protect the customers from fraud. The bank is continuously receiving complaints related to fraud. SBI has the largest network of 22,224 branches and 63,906 ATMs with 71,705 BC outlets in India.