There is a possibility of widespread rain and snow in the hilly states till January 26. Snowfall will continue in Himachal Uttarakhand. Dense fog is possible at isolated places over Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Bihar, Odisha, East Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.
IMD Alert, Today Weather Update: The effect of Western Disturbance is being seen in the country. On January 20, snowfall along with moderate rain has been predicted in the mountainous areas including Jammu and Kashmir. There is a possibility of light rain in some areas of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar including Haryana, Punjab, capital Delhi. Rain has been predicted in Chandigarh, Delhi.
Widespread rain and snow in hill states
In the last 24 hours, snowfall has been seen in Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit, Baltistan, Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. At the same time, another active Western Disturbance will affect the plains in the Western Himalayan region from January to January 26. Cold wave warning has been issued in UP, Bihar. There is a possibility of widespread rain and snow in the hilly states till January 26. Snowfall will continue in Himachal, Uttarakhand. The same heavy rains will continue in the western Himalayan region.
Probability of rain in Delhi
The weather is changing rapidly all over North India. There is a possibility of rain in the capital Delhi and surrounding areas. People will see relief from the cold wave. Reduction in fog can also be seen. However, changes in the weather will continue. Due to the Western Disturbance, scattered rains will be seen in many areas including a drop in temperature. There is a possibility of light rain at isolated places in North West Delhi and West Delhi including North Delhi. Till January 25, rain activity will be seen in the capital Delhi.
- A Western Disturbance lies over the Himalayas due to which a forecast of rain including heavy snowfall has been issued in the hill states.
- Another Western Disturbance will be active due to which the possibility of rain and snowfall has been expressed in many areas till 28 January. People have to be alert from landslides etc.
Weather activity during next 24 hours
- There is a possibility of moderate rain and snowfall in the Western Himalayas during the next 24 hours.
- Drizzle and rain can be seen in parts of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan including Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh including Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- A warning has also been issued for thunder and lightning. The wind speed will be high.
- An increase in the minimum temperature has been recorded over North and Central India.
Rain alert in UP, sunshine will bloom in these areas
According to the Meteorological Department, drizzle will be seen in many areas till January 22, while a cold wave alert has been issued in some areas. The weather will remain dry in the entire state for 3 days. The possibility of heavy rains has also been expressed in the areas, while the possibility of light rain with thunderstorms has been expressed in East Uttar Pradesh. The havoc of cold wave will be less in Uttar Pradesh for 5 days. Although the weather will remain cool due to rain, people will get relief from the severe cold for three to four days.
There will be relief from cold in Bihar from this day
The torture of cold is gradually reducing in Bihar. Some areas are witnessing an increase in the minimum temperature while in some areas it is expected to fall further. Dense fog will prevail over the entire part while forecast of cold wave has been issued in some areas. Light drizzle will be seen in many areas. Muzaffarpur is wrapped in fog. The minimum temperature has reached 4 degree Celsius. The record of 10 days and 13 years has been broken in Bhagalpur. There is a possibility of increasing the temperature due to sunshine, but people will have to wait for the departure of the cold. The minimum temperature recorded is 3.5 degree Celsius. Winds are blowing at a speed of 9 kilometers per hour.
- Scattered snowfall or rain is likely over Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Scattered rain may occur over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi and Punjab.
- Snow or rain is likely at isolated places over Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
- Dense fog is possible at isolated places over Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Bihar, Odisha, East Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.
- There is a possibility of scattered snowfall or rain in Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Snowfall or rain is likely in parts of Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
- Scattered rain may occur over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Chance of rain including cold wave in Rajasthan
Western Disturbance has become active in Rajasthan, there will be significant weather changes in 48 hours. There is a possibility of rain in 5 districts. The temperature is continuously falling in Mount Abu, apart from Fatehpur, the temperature continues to fall in Jobner. -4 degree Celsius temperature has been recorded. There has been an increase in the temperature in some areas which will be cloudy in North Rajasthan. Rain alert was issued in some districts. In which apart from Bikaner, Hanumangarh and Ganganagar are included. Apart from this, the possibility of rain has also been expressed in Bharatpur, Alwar and Jhunjhunu. A rise in temperature was observed in Barmer, Jaisalmer, Ajmer, Churu, Sikar, Pilani and Jaipur. Apart from this, a drop in temperature has also been issued in Phalodi, Jaipur, Kota, Pali and Hanumangarh.
Severe cold wave warning in Haryana
A drop in night temperature is being seen amidst the bitter cold. The minimum temperature recorded is 2.2 degree Celsius. Whereas in some it is 3 degrees less than normal. There is a possibility of rain. The dew drops are turning into ice. The Meteorological Department has predicted cold wave and rain in many areas.
Rain and cold wave havoc will continue in the eastern state
Cold wave forecast has been expressed in Arunachal Pradesh including Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland. Along with this, there is a possibility of rain in the areas. Yellow alert was issued due to dense fog. People have been advised to be cautious. The problem of landslide etc. can arise.