A fresh Western Disturbance is very likely to affect Western Himalayan region from January 18 night. Under its influence, light to moderate rain or snow may occur in some parts of Jammu-Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit-Baltistan-Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh.
Severe cold to severe cold wave conditions are likely to prevail over isolated parts of East Rajasthan on January 19. Cold wave conditions are possible over Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Saurashtra and Kutch on January 17 and 18. Cold day conditions are expected over isolated parts of Sub Himalayan West Bengal and Sikkim on January 17.
IMD Alert, Today Weather Update: Continuous changes are being seen in the weather of the country. Outbreak of cold will increase in some areas of Uttar Pradesh including the national capital, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Jharkhand. Dense fog with cold wave and double attack of cold day can be seen. According to the Meteorological Department, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh. Orange alert has been issued regarding cold in Bihar. The possibility of heavy cold and cold wave has been expressed in these areas for 6 days. Rain has also been predicted in many areas including the capital Delhi. There is a possibility of rain in Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Bengal including Odisha and Manipur Tripura state.
Weather activity in next 24 hours
- According to the Meteorological Department, during 24 hours, an orange alert of cold wave to severe cold wave has been issued in many areas of Haryana, Rajasthan.
- In many areas of the states of UP, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Punjab, etc., people have been advised to be alert by issuing orange and red alerts of cold wave. A cold day has been predicted.
- With the approach of Western Disturbance, a rise in temperature will also be seen in many areas.
- Changes in wind direction have also been observed over many parts of northwest including central and east India.
- Due to Western Disturbance, more snowfall was seen in the hills. At the same time, due to the progress of the Western Disturbance, the circulation of icy cold air is continuously affected in the north-westerly winds.
- Talking about the country’s weather system, a western disturbance is expected to reach the western Himalayas from the night of January 18. After which once again snowfall and cold wave will be seen.
- At the same time, another western country will be active on January 20 and will reach the western Himalayas. Due to which the possibility of snowfall and rain has been expressed in many areas. Cold wave alert will continue in Uttar Pradesh including Himachal, Haryana and Delhi.
Cold wave alert in capital Delhi
Severe cold and tremors have started in Delhi due to cold. Safdarganj in Delhi recorded a minimum temperature of 1.4 degree Celsius, Lodhi Road recorded a minimum temperature of 1.6 degree Celsius. 6 degrees of minimum temperature has been recorded.
Orange alert has been issued for cold wave and dense fog for 3 days in Delhi NCR. People will be able to chill quickly, the outbreak of cold wave will continue on January 18, while dense fog will remain till January 21, warning of cold day has been issued.
- Scattered snow or rain may occur over Arunachal Pradesh.
- Scattered rain may occur over Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura,
- Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Gangetic West Bengal and Odisha.
- There is a possibility of rain or snowfall in some parts of Sikkim.
- Dense fog may occur over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Tripura.
- Cold wave to severe cold wave conditions are likely in some areas of Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi.
- Cold wave conditions are forecast in isolated parts of Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Saurashtra and Kutch.
- Frost likely at isolated places over Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, West Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh
Bihar forecast severe cold
At present, there is no relief from the phase in Bihar. The period of heavy drop in temperature continues. The icy wind copulation will continue. The situation of cold will remain created. There are chances of severe cold from Monday. There has been a drastic drop in temperature. The minimum temperature is facing a decrease of 2 degree Celsius.
Alert issued till 20 January
The wind speed will be 12 kmph in Bhagalpur and surrounding areas. Drizzle can be seen in some perfumes. Although this Wednesday the fog is being told. There will be dense fog in the night and morning. The sun will come out late in the day. However, people will be relieved by the sun coming out.
Orange alert of cold wave in UP, drizzle in some areas
A sharp drop in temperature was observed from the office of education in Uttar Pradesh. Till the morning of January 18, there may be frost in all the districts of western Uttar Pradesh. Along with this, a decrease in temperature has been predicted for poverty in Terai belt. The ice layer of fog has started freezing.
There is a possibility of cold wave in Uttar Pradesh till January 18. Light drizzle can be seen in many areas including Prayagraj, Sultanpur, Amethi. From January 22, rain has been predicted in many areas. The possibility of drizzle has been expressed in the district of South Uttar Pradesh. It will rain in many areas of Uttar Pradesh for 3 days.
Orange alert of cold wave in Punjab Haryana
In Punjab, Haryana, snow has started freezing on trees and plants. Actually dew drops are being seen as snow. There is severe cold in Punjab and Haryana on Monday. The minimum temperature was recorded below normal. Faridkot, Bathinda in Punjab recorded a minimum temperature of 2 degree Celsius. Amritsar recorded a minimum temperature of 2.1 degree Celsius. However, the period of further decline in temperature will continue. The Meteorological Department has issued an Orange Alert. People have been advised to avoid dense fog and cool day. An increase in the minimum temperature may be observed between January 18 and 20.
Temperature will increase in these areas
According to the Meteorological Department, due to the effect of two western disturbances, the cold wave condition is about to end in many states on January 19. Western Disturbances will be effective at short intervals one after the other. Due to which a weather system will develop in the area and there will be a change in the wind direction. By January 20, an increase of two to three percent in temperature will be seen in some parts of Haryana and Punjab.
Warning of severe cold wave in the areas
Till January 23, forecast of cold wave has been issued in some areas of Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar including some areas of Rajasthan. Snowfall will continue in Himachal, Uttarakhand. The weather will be seen clearing in some areas.
Chances of rain in these areas
Rain can be seen in Delhi on 19th January. Apart from this, some areas of Delhi NCR including Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Bengal, Odisha and Jharkhand will see rain. Rain has also been predicted in UP and Bihar. The weather will be clear in Uttarakhand Himachal. However, a cold wave warning has been issued in some areas.
Rain warning in eastern state
Orange alert of cold wave has been issued in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh. Heavy rain warnings have been issued in many areas. People have been advised to be alert due to the problem of landslides etc. Also, snow may accumulate in areas.
The Meteorological department warning
Horoscope of January 28 Saturday A fresh Western Disturbance will be active to affect the region. There is a possibility of moderate snowfall and rain in parts of Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit, Baltistan, Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh. An alert for rain and snowfall has also been issued in Uttarakhand between January 18 and 20.
Another active Western Disturbance will form in the region on the night of 20 January. It is expected to affect the western plains around January 22. Due to which moderate rain and snowfall has been predicted in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Gilgit, Baltistan, Ladakh, Jammu Kashmir, Muzaffarabad till January 24. By January 24, there will be a huge change in the weather in many areas including UP, Bihar, Jharkhand.
- Orange alert has been issued for severe cold wave conditions in many areas of Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi till January 19.
- A red alert has been issued in UP, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Saurashtra and Kutch regarding cold wave till January 20.
- Orange alert has been issued for dense fog in West Bengal, Sikkim, Bihar, Orissa, Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura.
- Till January 20, there is a possibility of frost in different areas of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh.