It will rain in Assam and Meghalaya till May 25 and there is a possibility of rain in many states including Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for the next 5 days. Sub-Himalayan West Bengal and Sikkim may receive rain with thunderstorms, lightning and strong winds for the next five days. Rain is likely over Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal today.
IMD Alert/Weather Update: In the next 24 hours, once again the weather of most of the states of the country is going to change. A new Western Disturbance is going to be active on Tuesday, due to which rain and thunderstorms can be seen in many states. Partly cloudy sky is expected on 23, 24 and 25 May. At the same time, there is a possibility of rain or thunderstorm on 26 and 27 May.
Today, heat wave may prevail in different parts of South Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, West Rajasthan, East Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand and Gangetic West Bengal including Delhi-NCR. Hail and lightning are expected in Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh on May 23, Uttarakhand on May 24 and 25.
Rain alert in 14 states
The Indian Meteorological Department has predicted rains in Rajasthan’s Jaipur and Bharatpur divisions till Wednesday. Along with Jaipur, Kota and Ajmer, Kota division may also rain on Wednesday. From May 23, it will rain in North-West India and Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
It will rain in Assam and Meghalaya till May 25 and there is a possibility of rain in many states including Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for the next 5 days. Sub-Himalayan West Bengal and Sikkim may receive rain with thunderstorms, lightning and strong winds for the next five days. Today there is a possibility of rain in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal and for the next 5 days there may be heavy rain in many parts of Karnataka and Kerala. Thunderstorm and rain can be seen in Bihar from 23 to 25 May.
The weather will remain like this till May 27
- According to the report of Skymeter Weather, rain and thunderstorm may start in many districts of Madhya Pradesh including Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
- In Uttarakhand also, the Meteorological Department has issued a yellow and orange alert, warning of strong thunderstorms with rain and hailstorm for 3 days.
- Hail and lightning are expected in Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh on May 23, Uttarakhand on May 24 and 25. A yellow alert has also been issued in Himachal Pradesh for the next 5 days of bad weather and heavy rains in some areas. It is forecast to rain in most parts on 24 and 25 May as well.
- From May 24 to 27, rain may be seen in Delhi-NCR and its surrounding areas.
For the next few days, light rain and thundershowers may be seen over West Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, North-West Rajasthan and North Madhya Pradesh. The weather is likely to remain like this till May 26.
Heat wave alert in these states
- According to the forecast of IMD, heatwave warning has been issued in various states of North India including Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan for the next 2 days.
- Similar heat will continue in Delhi for the next two days, after which the weather is likely to turn and light rain is expected. Today the maximum temperature is likely to be around 43 degree Celsius and the minimum temperature is likely to be around 26 degree Celsius. Partly cloudy sky and heat wave are expected. Strong winds with a speed of 25 to 35 kmph are expected throughout the day. Heatwave alert has been issued for Delhi-NCR and its surrounding areas.
- Heatwave conditions are expected to continue in various districts of Bihar including Bhagalpur, Nawada, West Champaran, Jamui, Sheikhpura, Khagaria, Banka and Purnia.
- The maximum temperature is likely to be 45 on May 22, 44 on May 23, 41 on May 24 and 39 on May 25. Similarly, there is a possibility of maximum temperature of 38 degrees on May 26 and 37 degrees on May 27.
- In Jharkhand, from May 23 to 25, Ranchi and surrounding areas will be cloudy and may rain. Ranchi’s mercury can reach 41 degrees on May 22. There is a possibility of a maximum of 39 to 40 degrees from May 23 to 25.