Important news for employees-pensioners! update on increased DA and arrears, know when will the increased salary-pension come into the account?

0
661
Important news for employees-pensioners! update on increased DA and arrears, know when will the increased salary-pension come into the account?
Important news for employees-pensioners! update on increased DA and arrears, know when will the increased salary-pension come into the account?

In the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi before the announcement of Lok Sabha election dates, an increase in 4% dearness allowance of employees and 4% dearness relief of pensioners was approved, after which the total DA of employees will increase to 46% from January 2024. Has increased from 50% to 50%.

Central Employees DA/Arrears/Salary 2024: There is work news for Central Employees Pensioners. A new update has come out on 4% increased DA-DR of central employees and arrears from January to March 2024. According to media reports, the employees who have not received the benefit of increased DA-arrears in the March salary, will get this benefit in the April salary, which will come in the month of May. Earlier it was reported that the current financial year will end on March 31. Due to this, the salary with increased DA could be sent to the accounts of the employees on 30-31 March instead of April, but this did not happen.

- Advertisement -

Benefit of increased DA-arrears will be available in April salary

According to media reports, even though 4% increase in DA and DR of Central Employees Pensioners of 7th Pay Commission has been announced in the month of March, yet a section of it has not received the salary for the month of March with the amendment. However now they are likely to get revised salary with 3 months arrears in April salary. It is expected that along with the April salary, the employees will also be given increased salary and three months’ arrears.

The same pensioners can also be given the benefit of increased pension and 3 months arrears. However, it was already made clear by the Central Government that the arrears will not be paid before the salary of March 2024.

Let us tell you that before the announcement of Lok Sabha election dates, in the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, an increase of 4% dearness allowance of employees and 4% dearness relief of pensioners was approved, after which the total DA increased from 46%. It has become 50%. The new rates will be applicable from January 1, 2024, in such a situation, the arrears of January, February, March will also be available. This will benefit about 49.18 lakh central government employees and 67.95 lakh pensioners. This increase is in accordance with the approved formula, which is in the 7th Based on the recommendations of the Central Pay Commission.

How much will salary-pension increase if there is 50% DA?

Suppose your basic salary is Rs 18000, then after 50% you will get additional Rs 9000. If the employee’s basic salary is Rs 53,500, then after 50%, his DA will increase to Rs 26,750. If the salary is Rs 36,500 then he will get DA of Rs 18,250.

A pensioner gets a pension of Rs 41,100 per month. At 46% DR, the pensioner gets Rs 18,906 and at 50% DR, he will get Rs 20,550 every month i.e. his pension will increase by Rs 1,644 per month. If the basic pension of a pensioner is Rs 9,000 then he will get Rs 4,500 as DR. Currently he is getting Rs 4,140 as DR.

Apart from DA, allowances will also increase

Central employees will also get the benefit of 6 allowances along with 50 percent DA. This includes House Rent Allowance, Overtime, Children’s Education Allowance, Child Care Special Allowance, Risk Allowance, Night Duty and Special Allowance. The Department of Personnel and Training has issued an official memorandum (OM) in this regard on April 2, 2024, except HRA. Here, HRA has been increased from 27 percent, 19 percent and 9 percent of the basic salary to 30 percent, 20 percent and 10 percent respectively. Since according to the previous Finance Department memorandum, if DA crosses 50%, HRA will become 30%, 20% and 10%.

Note- These figures are shown as estimates, there may be changes in it.

- Advertisement -