According to some media reports, PAN of many PAN card holders has been deactivated. You can check your PAN-Aadhaar linking status.
If you are also among those people whose PAN and Aadhaar were not linked and you had recently entered it for linking, then it is possible that your PAN may have been deactivated. According to some media reports, PAN of many PAN card holders has been deactivated. You can check your PAN-Aadhaar linking status.
1. How to check PAN-Aadhaar linking status via SMS (steps to check the status of PAN-Aadhaar linking via SMS)
To check status through SMS, you have to send a message in the format given below to 567678 or 56161.
If your linking is done then you will see this message written on the screen – “Aadhaar…is already associated with PAN (number) in ITD database. Thank you for using our services.” If not, this message will appear – “Aadhaar…is not associated with PAN (number) in ITD database.”
2. How to check status through online web portal? (check the status of PAN-Aadhaar Linking using a web portal)
Step 1: Go to
UIDAI website https://uidai.gov.in/ .
Select “Aadhaar Linking Status” from the “Aadhaar Services” menu.
Now enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and click on the “Get Status” button.
Here you have to enter your PAN card number and also enter the captcha code.
Click on “Get Linking Status” to check the status of your PAN-Aadhaar linking.
- After this you will see on the screen whether your Aadhaar is linked to PAN or not.
- How to reactivate PAN? (How to re-activate Inactive PAN)
- To reactivate PAN card, you will have to pay a penalty.
- Go to the tax e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department.
- Click on Link Aadhaar option in the profile section on the dashboard.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar details here.
- Click on Continue to Pay through e-Pay Tax.
- Enter your PAN and mobile number for OTP.
- After OTP verification, e-Pay Tax page will open in front of you, click on the Proceed button here.
- Select AY 2024-25 and select Payment as Other Receipts (500) type and continue.
- After payment, you can link PAN and Aadhaar.