The employees will have to give an undertaking in writing that they want to continue in any one of the OPS/NPS and the terms and conditions of the SOP are valid.
Here is the latest update on Old Pension Scheme for Government Employees Pensioners of Jharkhand. Now from September 1, 2022, the state government employees will get the benefit of the old pension scheme, for which work has started on implementation after the announcement of Chief Minister Hemant Soren. From December 1, 2004 to August 31, 2022, the employees appointed in the new pension scheme will have to choose the option of old pension or the option to continue in the new pension scheme through an affidavit, guidelines have been issued in this regard. .
In fact, in the past, CM Hemant Soren had approved the proposal for OPS restoration in the cabinet meeting, after which the SOP was issued. The old pension scheme was discontinued on 1 April 2004. In its place, the National Pension System (NPS) of the Center was started for pension. Under the old pension scheme, the state employees whose appointment process was done before April 2004, but if their contribution is made after December 1, 2004, they will now get the option of taking the old pension scheme. The state government has decided to implement it from the date of September 1. From this date, the deduction in the salary of the employees will stop.
These will be the rules
- Optionally, affidavits were also issued in different formats for the employees by the state government.
- Employees opting for old pension scheme or contributory pension scheme will have to submit their application in the prescribed format by November 15.
- Salary for the month of November will not be paid without GPS deduction.
- The employees will have to give an undertaking in writing that they want to continue in any one of the OPS/NPS and the terms and conditions of the SOP are valid.
- The employees will have to tell that in case the amount of government contribution and interest earned on it is not received directly from NSDL to the state government, the adjustment of the amount of government contribution and interest earned on it will be adjusted from the gratuity I will get.
- Employees will not be able to make any claim related to contribution in NSDL.
- If the employees want to continue with the Contributory Pension Scheme, then they will have to give it in writing to the Finance Department through an affidavit.
Difference between old pension and new pension
There is no deduction from salary in OPS scheme. GPF facility is available to the employees. It is a completely safe pension plan. Guaranteed 50% of basic salary at the time of retirement. The benefit of family pension is available on death in service. 10 (Basic + DA) is deducted from the salary under the same NPS. GPF facility is not available under this scheme. It is completely stock market based scheme. No guarantee of fixed pension at the time of retirement. No benefit of family pension on death in service.
Can apply like this
The personnel opting for OPS will login to the Employee Portal and download the affidavit format and prepare and re-upload the affidavit. Will submit its original copy before the Withdrawal and Disposal Officer. Fill the application and nomination form online for allotment of PF number and take out its printout and upload it self-signed.
Employees opting to remain in NPS will login to the Employee Portal and download the Affidavit Format Annexure-2. Affidavit in this prescribed format will be prepared and uploaded again. And the original copy will be submitted to the Nodal Officer of the Directorate of PF in the case of an employee of the State Government deputed in the Withdrawal and Disposal Officer/External Service.