Vande Bharat: Vande Bharat Express train was started in the year 2019. Since then its routes are continuously expanding.
Vande Bharat Express: The scope of Vande Bharat Express trains is increasing rapidly in the country. Vande Bharat is one of the fastest running trains in the country. These semi-high speed trains are now connecting important centers of the country. Right now these trains are running on eight routes. Indian Railways is also planning to connect these trains to many more destinations. Vande Bharat trains have many features which include on-board infotainment, GPS, CCTV cameras, sliding doors. It can run at a speed of 160 kmph. Please tell that the Vande Bharat Express train was started in the year 2019. Since then its routes are continuously expanding.
Vande Bharat running on these routes
- For the first time in the country, the first Vande Bharat Express train started on this route on February 18, 2019. This train stops at Prayagraj and Kanpur between the country’s capital Delhi and Varanasi. Varanasi-New Delhi (22435) / New Delhi-Varanasi (22436) This train runs five days a week except Monday and Thursday.
- This is the second route of the New Delhi to Katra Vande Bharat Express. It was inaugurated by Home Minister Amit Shah on 3 October 2019 and became operational on 5 October 2019. The train stops at Jammu Tawi, Ludhiana and Ambala Cantt. New Delhi – Katra (22439)/ Katra – New Delhi (22440) runs six days a week except Tuesday.
- On 30 September 2022, the operation of the third Vande Bharat Express train started. It also stops at Surat Vadodara and Ahmedabad. This train covers the distance between Mumbai and Gandhinagar in less than six hours. While other trains take seven to eight hours to complete this journey. Mumbai Central Gandhinagar (20901) / Gandhinagar Mumbai Central (20902) train runs on of five days of week.
- The service of the fourth Vande Bharat Express train started on 13 October 2022. After New Delhi to Ambala Cantt Junction, Chandigarh, Anandpur Sahib and Una, this train goes till Amb Andaura. Thus this train travels from Delhi to Punjab and then to Himachal Pradesh. Una-New Delhi (22447)/ New Delhi-Una (22448) train runs on six days a week.
- Vande Bharat Express was the fifth train that started on this route on 10 November 2022. This train covers a total distance of 479 kilometers on this route. The train departs from MGR Chennai Central at 5.50 am and reaches Bengaluru at 10.25 am and then reaches Mysore at 12.30 pm. Chennai – Mysore (20608)/Mysore – Chennai (20607) runs on of five days of week.
- On December 11, 2022, the sixth Vande Bharat Express train was inaugurated. It goes from Nagpur to Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh). Bilaspur Junction – Nagpur (20825) / Nagpur Bilaspur Junction (20826) train runs on six days. The train stops at Gondia, Raipur, Durg and Rajnandgaon.
- The seventh Vande Bharat Express train started on 30 December 2022 in West Bengal. The entire journey of the train takes up to 7 hours 30 minutes. Howrah-New Jalpaiguri (22301) / New Jalpaiguri Howrah (22302) runs six days of week except Wednesday.
- The country’s eighth Vande Bharat Express train is running on the Secunderabad to Visakhapatnam route. The distance of 698 km can be covered in just 8 hours. This train will run from Secunderabad and reach Visakhapatnam via Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Khammam and Warangal. This train runs 6 days a week except Sundays, these trains stop at Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Khammam and Warangal apart from two main stations.
Vande Bharat Express takes this much fare
- The ticket for AC chair car from Delhi to Varanasi Vande Bharat Express is Rs 1,670 and for executive chair car is Rs 3,075.
- The fare for Gandhinagar to Mumbai Central Vande Bharat Express is Rs 1,320 for AC chair car and Rs 2,415 for executive chair car.
- The cost of AC chair car ticket for Una-Chandigarh and New Delhi Vande Bharat Express is Rs 1,155 and for executive chair car is Rs 2,065.
- The ticket price for AC chair car and executive chair car in Chennai-Bengaluru-Mysuru Vande Bharat Express is Rs 1,270 and Rs 2,290.
- The ticket price for executive chair car in Bilaspur – Nagpur Vande Bharat Express is Rs 2,240. Whereas, the cost of AC chair car is Rs 1,240.
This timing of Vande Bharat Express trains
- Delhi to Varanasi Vande Bharat Express leaves New Delhi at 6 in the morning and reaches Varanasi by 2 in the day. At the same time, this train leaves from Varanasi at three o’clock in the day and reaches Delhi at 11 o’clock in the night.
- New Delhi Katra Vande Bharat Express leaves New Delhi Railway Station at 6 am and reaches Katra at 2 pm.
- India’s third Vande Bharat Express leaves Gandhinagar at 2 pm and reaches Mumbai Central at 8.15 pm. At the same time, this train from Mumbai starts at 6.10 am and reaches Gandhinagar by 12.25 pm.
- Vande Bharat Express train Una-Chandigarh-New Delhi train leaves New Delhi at 5.50 am and reaches Ambala Cantt Junction by 8 am. This train reaches Chandigarh Junction at 8.40 am. After this, this train reaches Anandpur Sahib Railway Station at 10 am.
- Finally at 10.30 this train reaches Una in Himachal Pradesh and at 11.05 it ends at Amb Andaura railway station in Una district.
- The country’s fifth Vande Bharat train runs on the Chennai-Bengaluru and Mysore routes. This train leaves Chennai Central at 10.30 am and reaches Bengaluru City Junction at 10.25 am. After this, it leaves Bangalore at 10.30 am and reaches the last stop Mysore at 12.30 pm.
- Bilaspur – Nagpur Vande Bharat Express departs from Bilaspur at 5.45 am. It reaches Nagpur at 12.15 in the afternoon. At the same time, this train starts from Nagpur at 2:05 pm and reaches Bilaspur at 7:35 pm.
- Howrah to New Jalpaiguri Vande Bharat Express train departs from Howrah at 5.55 am and reaches New Jalpaiguri at 1.25 am. Whereas, from New Jalpaiguri, this train runs at 3.50 pm and reaches Howrah by 10.35 pm.
How to do online ticket booking
If you want to book tickets for traveling in Vande Bharat Express trains, then you can book tickets online by visiting the official website of IRCTC https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/ of Indian Railways.
- First of all, go to the IRCTC website irctc.co.in or app and login the account by entering the user ID and password.
- Now click on the Journey option. In this, you will have to proceed by filling the date of journey and train information.
- Now you will see the option of The Passenger List. Passengers i.e. the number of passengers, their names etc. have to be entered in this list.
- Now pay the money for the ticket by confirming the booking of the ticket.
- You can make this payment through platforms like Credit Card, Debit Card, UPA and Paytm.
- On confirmation of booking, the passenger will get complete information like PNR number, train number, date of journey along with coach information etc. through the message.