In North India where one to two percent increase in temperature is being seen. At the same time, a low pressure area has formed in the Bay of Bengal. Which is likely to turn into depression soon. Apart from this, an alert of rain and drizzle has also been issued in the eastern state while heavy rains will be seen in the southern state.
IMD Weather Update: Continuous changes are being seen in the weather. Low pressure will form in the Bay of Bengal from Saturday. The possibility of turning into a depression has intensified. Along with turning into a depression, an alert has been issued for heavy rains in the southern states. Apart from this, an increase in temperature is being seen in North India. However, in some areas of North India, the period of drop in temperature is also going on. With this, the process of snowfall has started in the hilly states. The mercury is continuously moving towards minus due to snowfall.
The effect of snowfall on the mountains is being seen on the plains. Continuous drop in temperature is being seen in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand. Cold has started showing its effect in Bihar and Jharkhand. In Delhi and Uttar Pradesh, along with the effect of cold in the morning and evening, the knock of fog is also being seen.
The maximum temperature in Delhi has been recorded at 25 degree Celsius while the minimum temperature has been recorded at 8 degree Celsius on Thursday. The temperature has been predicted to remain normal in West North India for centuries. Winter temperatures are above normal in many parts of West North India. Variation in temperature is being observed on day to day basis. From December 2022 to February 2023, many parts of India and some parts of central India will see a drop in temperature.
Effect of icy wind in Bihar
How much cold wind is blowing in Bihar. The western wind will see a drop in temperature for three to four days. Also, after 3 days more increase in cold can be seen. The mercury is continuously falling. The effect of cold will intensify in the next few days.
Drastic change in weather in Jharkhand
There is a drastic change in the weather in Jharkhand as well. In the next 2 days, a drop of two to 4 percent in temperature can be recorded. At the same time, the minimum temperature can reach 7 degree Celsius.
Fall in temperature continues in Uttar Pradesh
The fall in temperature continues in Uttar Pradesh. Thick fog has covered many places. There is a drop in temperature in 10 states of the country. On one side in Bihar where there are cupcakes. The general category of the state has been expected. Mercury will remain stable till 2 weeks of December.
Winter in Punjab
The torture of winter is being seen in Punjab. Jalandhar was the coldest recorded. Along with the minimum temperature of 5.5 degrees, there has been a drop of 2 percent in the temperature. Before this, the chill has increased due to the heavy drop in temperature. Due to the icy wind coming from Afghanistan and the north, its widespread effect is being seen on Rajasthan. Moga, Firozpur, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Patiala and Barnala along with Hoshiarpur have recorded continuous drop in temperature.
Severe cold in Rajasthan
Severe cold continues in Rajasthan. The temperature in Sikar has reached 4.2 degree Celsius. People are starting to feel the cold. The mercury has dropped more intensely on Friday. A decrease in day temperature has been recorded. According to the Meteorological Department, in many parts of peninsular India, the minimum temperature is expected to be below normal in some parts during February. It is bitterly cold in Sikar Fatehpur Shekhawati. Sikar is the coldest place recorded in the state. Apart from this, a drop in minimum temperature has also been observed in Jalore, Bhilwara, Karauli and Sikar.
- Easterly winds are very likely to prevail during this forecast period, which may cause scattered rain and thundershowers over South Peninsular India.
- In addition, a fresh Cyclonic Circulation (CC) with a low pressure area (LPA) is expected to form over South Andaman Sea on Sunday and Monday.
- Will start affecting Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The disturbance is forecast to track west or west-northwestwards, developing into a depression by Wednesday.
- The cyclonic circulation is likely to intensify further over South Peninsular India around next Thursday or Friday (December 8 or 9).
- Thunderstorm and rain in these areas
- Scattered rain is likely over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal, and Lakshadweep.
- Shallow to moderate fog is possible at isolated places over Northeast India.
- Isolated rain likely over Konkan & Goa, Madhya Maharashtra, Coastal Andhra Pradesh & Yanam, Rayalaseema, Coastal & South Interior Karnataka, Kerala – Mahe with possibility of lightning.
- Dense to dense fog very likely at isolated places over North, Central and East India, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh early morning.
low pressure area created
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted the formation of a low pressure area in the south Andaman Sea on December 5, but has not given any information about its further intensification. A storm is seen forming around December 5 and now it appears to be moving northwest towards Tamil Nadu.
Although it is not clear at present how strong it will be. According to the new weather system, the Northeast Monsoon has been weak over the East Coast. The effect of which is that the southern states are getting a lot of rain, in line with the La Nina pressure pattern, which is causing rain in the peninsula.